Assisted Living Frequently Asked Questions
What is Assisted Living?
Assisted living is a long-term residential community that offers personal care services to older adults who wish to live with dignity and independence while receiving support with activities of daily living. Assisted living services vary from one community to the next. Services may vary depending on the laws and regulations of that state. Typically, assisted living residents need help with one or more activities of daily living. Services an assisted living community may include:
- Assistance with personal care such as bathing and dressing
- Medication assistance and management
- Assistance with physician appointments as well as therapy appointments
- Recreational, cultural, and social activities
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Meal plans with accommodations for special dietary needs
If you are looking for assisted living in Colorado Springs, contact Sunny Vista for more information for you or your loved one.
What Should I Look for When Choosing an Assisted Living Community?
Finding the best assisted living community can take some time, but when reviewing your choices, it is important to compare factors such as staff friendliness, amenities, and the overall culture of the community. Below are some helpful tips to look for when visiting an assisted living community:
- Get to know the caregivers and staff who provide daily support to community members. Staff should be compassionate, friendly, and patient with members of the community.
- Get a feel for the community’s culture, programming, and amenities. When choosing an assisted living community, it is important to keep in mind your hobbies and interests. Another element of a community is the people and the culture. Community residents will become your friends, so it is important to get to know them while visiting. Try to take a tour during a group activity that interests you to observe interactions among the residents.
- Consider accommodations and comfort. Is your loved one someone who prefers company and would like a roommate? Or someone who prefers privacy and their own space? Are you or your loved one looking for a community that is pet friendly? Communities offer a variety of floor plans, rooming options, and pet accommodations, so make sure to come prepared with questions to ask while taking your tour.
- Ensure the community will meet both short-term and long-term care needs. Choosing the right assisted living facility means selecting a community that can meet you or your loved one’s needs as they evolve. Verify that the staff has experience managing any health needs you may have and ask how often staff members reevaluate care plans.
What’s Included in the Cost of Assisted Living?
The cost of assisted living averages about $5,000 per month in Colorado. However, pricing for senior living can vary greatly according to your city and the amenities you’re interested in. At Sunny Vista, the cost of assisted living includes a range of robust services and amenities such as daily living assistance, chef-prepared meals, a fitness center, and a theater.
What is Sunny Vista’s Approach to Assisted Living?
The Retreat at Sunny Vista’s assisted living community offers high-quality care and unparalleled resident engagement in Colorado Springs, CO. The Retreat’s philosophy of care is based on the six dimensions of wellness – physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, and social – and encourages residents to live as independently as possible while being supported by caring and highly trained team members. Supportive, life-enhancing services, amenities, and programs provide meaningful engagement and ample opportunities for residents to pursue new interests and rediscover old passions.
At Sunny Vista, time is spent nurturing the whole person – physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
Every member of The Retreat’s well-trained 24/7 care staff is endowed with three special qualities: extensive experience, gentle bedside manner, and a fierce determination to see residents succeed. Residents can trust the senior care professionals to listen to and respect their individual wants and needs.