Occupational therapy for seniors
Physical disabilities don’t have to become an obstacle to enjoying a fulfilling life. Let The Living Center at Sunny Vista help you get back to your daily routine with help from a team of skilled occupational therapists. They will take a client-centered approach with each resident that places a premium on making progress towards your goals.
Occupational therapy interventions at The Living Center focus on adapting the environment, modifying the task, teaching the skill, and educating you and your family in order to increase your participation in and performance of daily activities, particularly those that are meaningful to you and maintain your independence.
To ensure independence at home, The Living Center’s occupational therapists can perform fall screenings and evaluate older adults functioning in their homes and recommend specific home modifications. When addressing low vision, occupational therapists modify tasks and the environment. The Living Center’s occupational therapy specialties include:
- Mobility training for functional household tasks (dressing, cooking, cleaning, etc.)
- Energy conservation training (spending energy when and where it counts)
- Muscle strengthening & joint range-of-motion
- Thought organization (following logical progressions) for movement, sight-identification, and the planning of activities
- Domestic task training (dressing, grooming, hygiene, preparing meals, etc.)